First day. Introduction to the subject

Today we have started the subject of earth sciences.


We have seen a video that has helped me to have a first contact with the subject. So, I have learned some basic concepts:

Earth sciences can be defined as the discipline of natural sciences studied by planet earth. This field can be divided into three main areas: astronomy, meteorology and geology.
 - Astronomy studies the entire universe including galaxies, stars, planets, moon, motion, gravity and the movement of the earth. Astronomers use telescopes for their works.
 - Meteorology studies the earth atmosphere. It includes gases, the weather, the climate change, how energy travels...
- Geology studies the solid earth and how it changes from the surface down to the core. It includes the study of  rocks, landscapes, oceans, volcanos, iron rich, dense...

Earth science studies the past and the future of our planet.

All in all, I am really interested in this subject as I think that I will understand more the planet in which I live and the way in which I can teach this concepts to my students.



Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

What is the Earth?

A plastic ocean